Here at Aamoda we are the manufacturers of the best quality Commercial plywoods (IS: 303). There are different grades of plywood based on nature and features, such as MR grade, Marine plywood, BWR grade etc. MR stands for Moisture Resistant, while BWR means Boiling Water Resistant.
While some people do order BWR grade plywood into the commercial type, for most people in the Indian plywood industry the phrase 'Commercial' means MR grade, while 'Waterproof' means BWR grade.
The important features of MR grade Commercial plywood are listed below.
- 1. It is an Interior grade plywood, means for indoor use.
- 2. In the case of Commercial plywood, Urea melamine formaldehyde resin is usually used for gluing the individual plies collectively.
- 3. MR grade Commercial plywood is the most widely used type of plywood for manufacturing furniture for homes and offices. Drawing room furniture and paneling work, as well as bedroom furniture, is almost always made using Commercial ply. Though in those cases where the furniture is likely to get wet, using BWR grade ply is considered to be better.
- 4. The Indian Standards specification number for Commercial MR grade plywood is detailed in document IS:303
- 5. It is most economic grade plywood and usually used in homes and commercial spaces where there is minimum water presence.